Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beveled Glass....what a great way to enhance a card!

Happy Thursday,

Today I decided to use some beveled glass panes in my cards. I bought them several months ago but have been afraid to use them. I think its more of a hourding issue than actual fear! I have to admit, I, Sandi Alba, loves to hourd ALL of my accessories! I really don't know why because I could always buy more but this is just a habit that keeps creeping back up on me all of the time. Anyway, here is my pretty card....

Stunning isn't it? The beveled glass panes have little slits in them perfect for using your favorite ribbons to attach them to your cards.  You could use them to accent a stamped piece as I have or even to highlight your sentiment so that it stands out. I love how the windownpane fits beautifully with the elegant lines embossing that I used on the Perfect Plum paper, it's as if that embossing folder knew that a windowpane would fit perfectly with it. They would also be amazing in scrapbooks or in a framed piece that you would hang on the wall of your home. Perhaps something I may try next???

Card Size: 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"
Stamp Set Used: Charming
Colors Used: Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Accessories and Tools Used: Stripes Impressions Embossing Folder, Elegant Lines Impressions Embossing Folder, Beveled Window Panes, and Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim


No comments:

Post a Comment