Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer is Officially here !!!!!

Hello Friends and Happy 1st day of Summer!
Today's blog is to spolight Stampin Up's "Tart and Tangy" stamp set. So sad to see it go as I love to make some fun projects with this stamp set as you will see in this blog.
This is the perfect set to create recipe cards, attach to a homemade food or drink item or to put on......



Yes!!
Popcicles!
Don't these adorable cards look Yummy???

I know it is hard to see the greeting but it is stamped onto the popcicle stick and says "sweet treats", which comes from the stamp set "Tenny Tiny Wishes". These would make a really cute gift card set for a friend. In fact, I have given them to some of my hostesses as a hostess thank you gift. They are a great way to send a hello to a friend over summer. They can also be great kids birthday cards, just need to add a Happy Birthday and your done. I hope you love these.
Colors Used: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Pear Pizzazz.
Card Size: 3" X 4 1/4"
Tools used: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, corner rounder, and 1 3/4" scallop circle (for the little bite already taken from these delicious popcicles.

Next, I used the one stamp that I did not include in the popcicles to make...do you hear the drum roll????




CHERRIES!!!! Who doesn't love things with cherries?? I love them. Isn't this apron cute?
 I took two pictures of it closed so you can see the ribbon is for straps and not part of a purse, although this could make a cute purse card too. After completing the outside I just had to stamp one more set of cherries on the inside next to where you would write your message. I know you love this card. I blew myself out of the water. I saw some online and when I knew what I wanted mine to look like a created a template and went to town. I think this card would be a great baking invitation, maybe a Mom and Me day card, Mother's Day card, or even a little girls birthday invtation. Either way, I think it is cute cute cute!
Colors Used: Real Red, Whisper White, and Garden Green
Materials used: Real Red buttons and some hemp. The rest was a template I created and I do not have it online to share with you. Sorry.

I hope you loved today's cards and I look forward to sharing a few more retiring stamp sets in the next few days. Remember, if you love this set as much as I do and do not have it yet. It will only be available until June 30th so place your order ASAP. Have a wonderful summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment