Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Farwell Sock Monkey!

Hello Friends, Happy Wednesday!
Today I am sharing with you two cards that I made that will showcase Stampin Up's soon to be retired sets.

Three Cheers for this Wild Sock Monkey!! He is cruising at high speed to celebrate living life to the fullest!

This card uses several sets that will soon be retired; Sock Monkey, More Monkey Accessories, and Neighborhood Jumbo Wheel. I am so sad to see Sock Monkey retire as he is so versitile. I have used him for Valentine's Day, Thank You Cards, Birthday cards, and Baby Shower cards. However, there is another set called Sock Monkey Accessories that will allow you to dress up this cutie pie for Easter, Halloween, Christmas, and Graduation. 
Color Scheme: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Whisper White, and Crumb Cake
Card Size: 5 1/2" X 4 1/4"
Stamp Sets Used: Sock Monkey, More Monkey Accessories, Neighborhood Jumbo Wheel, and Fifth Avenue



Have a birthday coming up, baby shower, bridal shower, or even a million Christmas cards to make (like me)? Well depending on the color scheme you use this card can be used for any occasion. For this card I used the More Monkey Accesories again to show the cute wagon used in another way. I also had to use Stampin Up's "Celebrations" Designer Series Paper since it will be another item that is retiring in two weeks! Yikes... Maybe I should order somre more too :o) The Pacific Point paper that I used behind the Whisper White was embossed using a Textured Impressions Embossing Folder giving just a little added texture to the card.
Color Scheme: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Whispier White, Old Olive, and Real Red
Designer Paper Series: Celebrations
Card Size: 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"
Stamp Sets Used: More Monkey Accessories and Playful Pieces (hostess set)
Accessories Used:  Filigree Designer Brads, Designer Buttons in the Brights, and Hemp Twine
Tools Used: 1" cercle punch, Big Shot, and Stampin Up exclusive Textured Impressions Embossing Folder: Square Lattice

So, I know you LOVED these cards :o) Make sure if you don't have these items and want them to place an order with me before this month ends! Have a wonderful day and like my Sock Monkey, Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment