Thursday, June 23, 2011

Independence Day is Coming..

Hello Friends,
Today I am posting a card that uses a current stamp from Stampin Up's Summer Mini. This stamp set is called Land of the Free. The words on the flag incase you cannot read it are the words to our National Anthem. It is available until August 31, 2011, but if you want to get it in time to make some 4th of July cards for your family and friends make sure you contact me soon. I will be putting in an order by the end of the week and it should be delivered by next Wednesday. That will give you enough time to make a few cards. Other ideas for this stamp are inserts for tea light candle holders for your patio, string a few together to create a banner, attach them to a strip of paper and make them into napkin holders for your picnic, and cupcake toppers(would be super cute on a wooden dowel and then placed into a cupcake to look like a mini flag. I am sure you can see how fun this stamp can be. In fact, if you decide to create some of these ideas I mentioned send me a picture and I would love to add it to my blog!
For this card I wanted to create an Americana style card. I simply love the colors. Let me know what you think??? Enjoy your day!


Color Scheme: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Night of Navy
Card Size: 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"
Stamp Sets Used: Land of the Free and Every Little Bit
Materials Used: Crimper, Antique Brads, Night of Navy 1/4" gross grain. Hemp, Eyelet Border, Glue dots, and a 2 way glue pen

No comments:

Post a Comment