Saturday, June 25, 2011

Simply Said

Hello Friends,
The weekend is here YAY!!! Happy Saturday.
Today's blog is dedicated to Stampin Up's soon to be retired set, "Simply Said". This set is so sweet and I have really worn my set out. Take a look and if you love this set..there is still time to order from me. 6 more days to be exact, so don't miss out!

 This card is called a criss cross card. Please look to the right of my blog to find my new page added today, labeled Tutorials! It will house my tutorials which even though I am a little nervous I think I will have some fun things to share with you in the future. I decided to start by teaching you how to make this adorable little card. So once you finish reading this blog click on tutorials and have fun creating!

Color Used: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Certainly Celery (probably my most favorite color combo!

Stamp Sets Used: Simply Said, and Itty Bitty Bits

Materials used: Designer Series Paper from the Brights Collection, Certainly Celery 1/4" gross grain ribbon, Full Heart Extra Large punch, Modern Label Extra Large punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Rhinestones, and Bitty Buttons.

 This card is a thank you card. I love it because its simple and sweet. I used the different heart stamps in the set to make my banner and then I used the flower stamps from this set to create the printed paper card base.

Colors Used: Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron, and Whisper White

Stamp Set Used: Simply Said

Materials Used: Card Stock, Stampin Write Markers, and Classic Stamp Pads in Basic Black and Rose Red.


Lastly, I wanted to also post a spinner card I made using the Standard Size Stamp Around Wheel(these are great for making a quick border, banner, or decorative background paper) called "Fast Flowers" which coordinates with the "Simply Said" stamp set. This spinner card is fun because when you tip it to the side the "Simply Said" flower spins and slides across the card. Such a fun card. One of these days I will have to post a tutorial on how to make one.

This card was made when I was not a Stampin Up demonstrator so I do not really have a color scheme to share with you, as I used whatever materials I had left over from my scrapbook stash.

Stamps Used: Simply Said and Standard Size Stamp Around Wheel called Fast Flowers

Okay now that your done reading go check out my tutorial and PLEASE PLEASE leave comments, I would love to know your thoughts, questions, or concerns about my first tutorial. Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment: