Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dreams du Jour

Hello Friends
For this blog entry I wanted to start with one of my favorite quotes by Carl Sandburg, "nothing happens unless first a dream". Which I must say is how I come up with new ideas for my cards. I begin by thinking about a stamp set (I know you are probably thinking I am either way obsessed or maybe crazy or maybe a little bit of both, but its true I really do dream about things I want to create), then I go to sleep or work and an idea comes to me. Its wonderful if it happens when I am asleep because I can get up and work on it right away, but when I am at work all I do is watch the clock until it tells me I can go home and play. 

 But anyways.... To the point of my blog!
This is the card I created wile working on soon to be retired stamp sets. This card was created with one of the stamps from the "Dreams du Jour" set. It has a famous quote by Woodrow Wilson, "We Grow Great By Dreams". The set has a sweet little butterfly stamp, a Love You stamp with a flower which kind of looks like a postage stamp, and another quote by Vincent Van Gough which says, "The way to KNOW LIFE is to LOVE many things. Below the details of this card I will include a few other cards I have made using these others stamps as accents for some of my past cards. Enjoy and remember this is also retiring in 11 days!
Color Scheme: Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, and Melon Mambo
Additional Materials:  Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon, Designer Series Paper, amd a Scallop Edge Border.
Simple but Sweet!!!
Here is a few more using this stamp set.....

 

 
 Enjoy and have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment