Saturday, June 11, 2011

Father's Day cards

Father's Day is coming...  

I wanted to make some cards to honor Dads everywhere and to showcase one of the terrific Stampin Up stamp sets that can be found in the current 2011 Stampin Up Summer Mini catalog.

The first card  "Dress Casual" was made by using an orgami folding technique. I chose to use Desiger Series Paper because the folds were a lot easier to make because the paper is thinner than regular card stock. The tie was made by stamping onto some card stock and then cutting it out. It was mounted with some Stampin dimensionals to give the tie a little 3D effect. I also tore two corners of the card to give a little more of a rugged look to the card. I really love how this card turned out.

Color scheme for this card:  Very Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive.
Stamp Set used: Best Dad Ever
Card Size: 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"

For my second card, "Ties for Dad", I wanted to stay with a monochramtic look. I used an embossing folder for the border called "Framed Tulips". I also used the same stamp set as the card above, "Best Dad Ever".
Color scheme for this card : Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake.
Stamp Set: Best Dad Ever
Card Size: 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"

If you like these cards and would like to make them, I will be hosting a class on Tuesday, June 14th.  Contact me for more information. Or if you would like to find the supplies to make them click on the link Sandi's Stampin Up Webste on the right side of my blog to place an order.


No comments:

Post a Comment