Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Monster Christmas

Hello Friends,

Today I made a very special Christmas card for my nephew Joseph. His mother bought this stamp set for him because he loved the idea of building his own monsters, however after a year of owning it he has still yet to make anything with them so I decided to surprise him with a Christmas card to hopefully inspire him to create with his stamp set. It came out amazing, I am so proud of myself. Let me know what ya think!

Here is the front and when he opens it up...

SURPRISE!!!!
This card was so much fun to make. I got my inspiration from my good friend, Darla. She taught me how to make pop up cards at a shoebox swap. I was so impressed by the one she made that I decided to give it a shot myself. I am so glad she showed me what to do because this is probably one of my most favorite cards that I have ever made. So Darla, if you are reading this THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Card Size: 5 1/2" X 4 1/4"
Stamp Sets Used: Sock Monkey Accessories (ret.), Make a Monster, Festive & Fun, Warmest of Wishes,Scenic Saeson Lovely as a Tree, and Many Merry Messages
Colors Used: Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Wisteria Wonder
Accessories and Tools Used: Basic Pearls, dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, glue dots, sponge, and 1 3/8" circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment